Friday, August 19, 2011

Librarians Represent as Teachers of the Year

'trophy 1 | the both and | shorts and longs | julie rybarczyk' photo (c) 2010, Julie Rybarczyk - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ I was very excited and honored to be selected by my school as the Teacher of the Year. Each year our faculty votes on the award and we represent our schools during district teacher forum meetings with our superintendent. I was thrilled to be chosen, especially since it was my first year as librarian. The District Teacher of the Year was named at our opening assembly. This year it is my fellow middle school librarian, Kristen Hearne. I am so proud of her. I was lucky enough to intern with her as part of my Masters program and we collaborate and share ideas often. Just a few years ago my other middle school librarian colleague, Monique German, was named District Teacher of the Year. I am happy to be in a district that values librarians. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kristen as she competes for the South Carolina Teacher of the Year.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tamara! I am very proud of you as well! I will be fighting for all librarians as I make my way to the State Teacher of the Year competition!

    ReplyDelete