Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Series Are Under Control, Maybe


A few posts ago I mentioned that I will be using FictFact.com to keep up with new releases in our series books and that I wanted to label my series. I am happy to report that I finished that project. Woohoo!! Well, I can't really say finished because as we get more books I will need to keep the labels updated and I'm sure there are a few that I overlooked. We had almost 100 series in our pretty humble collection so there are yellow labels everywhere. Between the Fictfact site and Fantastic Fiction I was able to find almost every series online. I ordered a bright yellow spine label and typed the series name and number for each book. This was a great opportunity for me to make note of books that I am missing in a series so that I can add those to my first order. A few teachers have asked about the yellow labels and the students are excited about it.
My first official classes come tomorrow and for the next week I'll see every student in the school so I will let you know what they think of our new nonfiction arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment